Befuddlement at mid-life?
Have you reached a point in your life where you’re feeling tired and empty and real happiness seems elusive? You’re not imagining it and you’re not alone. Researchers have documented a definite dip on the happiness scale for adults in their 40’s and early 50’s.
If you take a deep breath and assess the situation, you may find plenty of good reasons for feeling down:
- You’re taking care of aging parents
- You’re trying to launch your kids into responsible adulthood
- Your career goals are falling short of what you imagined in your youth
- There’s not enough time to take care of your health
- Your body is showing signs of chronic stress
- You’re running fast to chase a ‘dream’ that’s not your own
- Your career is unfulfilling but pays enough for you to buy more ‘stuff’.
Well, buying a red sports car, or having an affair may provide a momentary lift, but will not solve the deeper issues. As your GPS says when you miss a turn, it’s time for “recalculating”. There is a way through this.
As your life coach how can I help? Coaching is not some intangible mystery full of rainbows, unicorns and butterflies. Instead it follows a distinct process of awareness, planning, action and evaluation.
Working together we will:
- Assess the situation – What’s good in your life? What needs improvement?
- Discover your goals and desires – What are your dreams?
- Examine your values – Are they aligned with your goals?
- Envision obtaining those goals – How would that change your life?
- Identify the obstacles to reaching your goals
- Make a plan and break it into bite size obtainable steps – How can you take action?
- Evaluate the results of the action – and adjust accordingly.
I’m there every step of the way to hold you accountable and help you succeed.
Are you ready to explore the opportunities that lie ahead?
Sign up for a complimentary session to find out if coaching can help you rediscover your happiness.